Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Pope Francis: Atheists can be welcome in Heaven

I'm an atheist and of course, I don't think that paradise and hell exist. I don't believe in god. But I think these words are good. Catholicism is very widespread in all the world. Many developing countries are Catholic. In the past, majority of the population was very aggressive in these countries and the victims of this aggression were atheists who had "no chance" to be "welcome" in paradise. Probably, these words of Pope Francis have improved their life. Pope Francis isn't always progressive, but these words were courageous and very useful. The atheists can be more rarely prosecuted after this speechAnd I think this is really very good.

Pope Francis said: 

"You ask me if the God of the Christians forgives those who don’t believe and who don’t seek the faith. I start by saying – and this is the fundamental thing – that God’s mercy has no limits if you go to him with a sincere and contrite heart. The issue for those who do not believe in God is to obey their conscience. Sin, even for those who have no faith, exists when people disobey their conscience.” (Source: La Repubblica, 11 September, 2013)



Pope Francis. Image via YOU TUBE



6 comments:

  1. The Pope should get a real job! He is a parasite to society if he doesn't Work, Lying to people about an imaginary being, And place that has no scientific proof of existence, does not qualify as work. More like a protection racket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't follow science too closely do you?

      Delete
    2. I am a rock hard atheist, but I greatly respect Pope Frasncis. If they had Pope's like him waay back, I might still be a cradle Catholc.

      Delete
  2. Nobody who cares for his neighbors can be rejected by anyone, with or without A halo. People who speak badly of Francisco are messed up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We might as well be all good atheists

    ReplyDelete